Melt in your mouth buttermilk biscuits
- 1 bag / 3cups Barlow's Original Pancake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed and chilled
- 1/4 cup egg wash
- 1/4 melted butter
- a pinch of salt
- Set oven to 450 degrees, and place your mixing bowl in the freezer approximately 10 -15 minutes prior to using. Do not freeze butter but make sure that it keeps a very cold temperature.
- Cube butter, cut into small squares. Once the mixing bowl is nice and cold pour the Barlow's Original Pancake Mix into the bowl.
- Put butter into the bowl and combine flour and butter with your fingers. The goal is to combine without melting you still want to see pieces of butter.
- Pour buttermilk into the bowl and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Scoop dough onto a floured surface or parchment paper and fold over 3 times.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough about 1" flat and cut out circles to the size of your choice, 2 1/2" is a great size.
- Lay rounds on a non-stick pan or parchment and place in the freezer about 10-15 minutest.
- Pop into the oven for about 15 minutest or until high and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter, sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
When making biscuits you want to keep everything cold for as long as possible.
Other recipes you might like